We read and hear about female athletes being objectified all the time. Yeah, we know that athletes, male or female, should be judged on their athletic abilities rather than their looks and most of the time that’s the criteria used. But sometimes it’s hard to avoid gawking – and that goes for guys and girls. Actors and singers, as well as athletes and other celebs find themselves in the public eye and subject to scrutiny. So who are some of the pretty boy athletes?
According to Newsday, there’s nothing hotter than New York sports. Editors there decided to rank the area’s “prettiest” male athletes. So who makes the list?
1. Derek Jeter, New York Yankees
2. Alex Rodriguez, New York Yankees
3. David Wright, New York Mets
4. Henrik Lundqvist, New York Rangers
5. Mark Sanchez, New York Jets
6. Jose Reyes, New York Mets
7. Nate Robinson, New York Knicks
8. Justin Tuck, New York Giants
9. Kerry Rhodes, New York Jets
10. Rick DiPietro, New York Islanders
Honorable Mentions: Sean Avery (New York Rangers), Danilo Gallinari (New York Knicks), Thomas Jones (New York Jets), John Maine (New York Mets), Antonio Pierce (New York Giants).
Okay – we know we should only judge these athletes on their stats. Same goes for David Beckham, Rafa Nadal and Tom Brady. Now get back to work.