- Volleyball is played by two teams of six players on a court divided by a net.
- The object of the game is to send the ball over the net so that the opposing team cannot return the ball or prevent it from hitting the ground in their court.
- Each team has three hits to attempt to return the ball.
- The ball is put in play by a serve that is hit by the server over the net to the opponent.
- When the receiving team wins a volley, it gains the right to serve, and the players rotate one position clockwise.
- When the serving team wins a volley, it wins a point and the right to continue serving.
- The ball must clear the net on a serve.
- A game is played to 21 points or some other agreed upon number. The team that wins the best two out of three games wins the match.
- Common positions include hitter, setter, libero (defender)
Equipment: Volleyball, sneakers (indoors), knee pads (optional)