Calling all girls between the ages of 15 and 18 and in grades 10 – 12 who want to make a positive change in the world through STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics)!
If you’ve developed or dreamed of an amazing project you think could revolutionize the world, simplify our lives, help the disabled, or just make life on earth a little better, safer, or healthier, then this is for you!!
The contest is called “Marvel’s Captain America: Civil War–Girls Reforming the Future” and it is in conjunction with the May 6 release of “Captain America: Civil War,” starring such heroines as Scarlett Johansson, Elizabeth Olsen (“Godzilla”) and Emily VanCamp (“Revenge”).
Marvel is searching nationwide for high school girls to explore their inner potential to reform the future with positive world change by creating an original and innovative project using STEM. One winner of MARVEL’S CAPTAIN AMERICA: CIVIL WAR – GIRLS REFORMING THE FUTURE CHALLENGE will be selected to receive an internship.
Applicants may create a new project for the challenge or submit a project previously developed for a class, for a science competition, or just for fun. Science, technology, engineering, or mathematics must be used in the creation of the project, and the project should have the potential to benefit humankind.
After completing the project, submit a short video demonstrating and explaining the benefits of the project, how STEM helped develop the project, and why you would like an internship at MARVEL STUDIOS.
Five finalists will be selected and each will:
- Receive a $500 High Yield Savings account from Synchrony Bank.
- Receive a trip to Hollywood, California for the finalist and a parent or legal guardian for the opportunity to present their project to leaders in science and industry at MARVEL STUDIOS.
- Will participate in a live global Broadcom Masters webinar during which they will discuss how their STEM skills enabled them to create their projects.
- Have the opportunity to walk the red carpet at the World Premiere of MARVEL’S CAPTAIN AMERICA: CIVIL WAR on April 12, 2016.
- Receive a tour of the Walt Disney Studios and Dolby Laboratories facilities.
One winner will be selected from the finalists to receive an internship opportunity at MARVEL STUDIOS.
Finalists of MARVEL’S CAPTAIN AMERICA: CIVIL WAR – GIRLS REFORMING THE FUTURE CHALLENGE will be notified by March 30, 2016. Each Finalist and their parent or legal guardian will travel to Los Angeles, California on Sunday, April 10, 2016.
For more details, and to apply, visit the “Captain America: Civil War–Girls Reforming the Future Challenge” website.
Pretty Awesome.Powered by Sidelines